The Mediation Center is always looking for volunteers to help people in our community. We offer extensive training for individuals who are interested in becoming mediators – and a background in the legal profession is not essential.
- General Civil Mediator: Mediate cases for State, Magistrate, Probate and Superior Court. Help parties save time, money, and stress by reaching an agreement without litigation. Must complete General Civil Mediation training.
- Domestic Mediator: Mediate domestic actions like Divorce, Legitimation, and Order Modifications. Help families separate amicably and co-parent cooperatively. Must complete General Civil Mediation and Domestic Mediation training.
- Mediation Support: Provide technical and logistical support to mediators in Civil and Domestic mediation. A great way to learn more about mediation.
- Community Conferencing Facilitator: Community Conferencing is a restorative justice process for members of the community and parties affected by an incident to discuss what occurred, how they were affected and work together to define a better path forward. Help juveniles in our community by facilitating Community Conferences.
- Community Conversations Facilitator: Community Conversations are facilitated dialogues on selected topics held via Zoom. Facilitators guide the conversation, inviting small groups to share perspective, generate understanding, build relationships, and ultimately strengthen the community.