Thank you for responding to your Superior Court letter referring your case to mediation.
Please click here and complete this form to assist in scheduling your mediation.
The Mediation Center provides a virtual solution to conduct your mediation using Zoom. You will be emailed a Zoom invite the day before your mediation. For attorneys, please let us know if your client will attend on their own device or if they will be in your office.
Forms for Self-Represented Litigants to Prepare for Mediation
BEFORE Mediation the parties must do the following:
1) Complete a Financial Affidavit BEFORE mediation
2) Respond to the Standing Order for Production of Document (Response to Standing Order)
3) Attend Transitional Parenting (if child/ren are involved in your action) — Register for the Online Transitional Parenting Course
4) If needed, request a Fee Reduction, by completing a Fee Reduction Form (Chatham County cases only)
Fees for Superior Court Mediations
There is a $300 fee per party for Superior Court mediations. Fees must be paid prior to mediation. A $75 fee is assessed when a party cancels or needs to reschedule if the Mediation Center is not provided notice 2 business days prior to the mediation date.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING VIRTUAL MEDIATIONS
- Zoom mediations work best on a computer, and we strongly encourage you to access a computer for the mediation.
- If you will be using a tablet or phone, make sure you have the device plugged in as Zoom will quickly use your battery.
- When you connect to Zoom you’re in a “waiting room”. Once the mediator is ready, you will join the virtual mediation room.
- Zoom has the capability of virtual breakout rooms; the mediator has the ability to place you in separate “rooms” to talk to you individually.
- You will receive another email from us with the Mediation Guidelines from Adobe Sign. Please read and sign electronically. The mediator is required to review the guidelines with everyone before the mediation begins and will answer questions at that time.
- Ensure you are in a noise-free environment, a confidential space, with plenty of lighting.
- Ensure no one else can hear the mediation.
- You must have access to a computer and internet during mediation. If you do not have a computer, you can use a tablet or smartphone, but please make sure the device is fully charged and you have a charger to maintain a charge.
- You need to be able to access an email address for the mediation so you can electronically sign the agreement.
- Join the phone/video conference at least 5 minutes before the mediation time.
- Avoid performing other tasks and talking to people in your environment during your video conferencing session.
- Download Zoom on your phone, tablet, laptop, or computer.
- If you are using Zoom on your laptop or computer, you must have a webcam.
- Perform a test before your scheduled mediation. Test video and audio here: https://zoom.us/test.
- For technical support, please visit the Zoom support website: https://support.zoom.